Sunday, July 1, 2012

A few words on a sentimental war epic.

I liked War Horse a lot and I have no guilts whatsoever.

It looked beautiful. It was epic.I loved how it depicted war not as a battle between good and bad guys but between people who, whichever side they belong to, at times are excited, scared, angry or generous.

Was it sentimental? Sure. But I can mostly forgive it for that because I think you have the right to show pure, unsubtle emotion when you have explored such grand sources of pain.

Can i say how grateful I am that they cast Niels Arestrup? Such an inspired choice. I think he gave the best performance in the film.

Movies like that should never stop getting made. We don't need only this kind of cinema but I would certainly miss it if it were gone.


7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment