Friday, April 2, 2010

The game is on again

I can't resist. Must. predict.

In this post I will try to predict next year's Best Actress Oscar nominees. It's a well-known and beloved game.


Carey Mulligan - Never Let Me Go
Nicole Kidman - Rabbit Hole
Annette Bening - The Kids Are All Right
Renee Zellweger - My Own Love Song
Hilary Swank - Betty Anne Waters

Where I hope I'm wrong?
Well, I probably want Rachel Weisz to be good in Agora and get another nod. It's certainly a possibility. I also want Keira Knightley to do the same two things in London Boulevard but I think she has to do something completely weird for the Academy to care again. Natalie Portman is another possibility for Black Swan but it's too soon to tell.

I don't know if Hathaway is supporting or not in Love and Other Drugs. If she is lead she probably gets in my predictions but from what I remember hearing, she is supporting.

I put Bening for The Kids because I think this is the Bening film that will have some success with the Academy. Like when they nominated Winslet for the movie that got the best picture nomination.

I'm not sure I put Kidman because of logic or sentiment but even though AMPAS seems to have forgotten all about her, this seems like a very baity role. The same (actually, only the last part) applies to Zellweger.

Oh and, Bening will win.

2 comments:

  1. I thought that Knightley was the lead for Never Let Me Go...but then she has three coming out this year...so...

    Weisz IS excellent in Agora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've read good things about Weisz.

    Re:Never Let Me Go, I've read the book and Mulligan's character is the lead.

    ReplyDelete