Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ella, ella, I saw and heard Marinella!


Yesterday, for the first time in my life, I experienced the force of nature that is called Marinella. For the foreign readers (that is, all the readers) she is probably unknown unless you remember her from the 2004 Olympic Games.

Marinella is known as the Greatest Greek singer. She is a little over 70 and has sang thousands of songs. Her voice is nothing short of a phenomenon and boy, she hasn't lost it!

I was afraid I would never have the chance to listen to her live but I finally got my chance and it was pretty rewarding! It was not a concert but a musical about her life. I knew most of the facts but I enjoyed the show as it was quite well made.

Here is a sample of her voice and stage presence. I hope you will enjoy it even if you don't speak the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment