Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's 2011!! Not yet? Who cares?

Just because I feel like it, I'm going to tell you which female leading performances might interest Mr Oscar next year.





Mia Wasikowska in Jane Eyre

She's young, pretty, talented (very talented) and though I haven't read the book or seen any movie adaptation of it, I know it's a great role and the kind Oscar will care about. Plus, whether she gets nominated for The Kids Are All Right or not, the Academy will surely notice her.







Saoirse Ronan in Hanna

The three adjectives I used to describe Wasikowska apply here as well. Having already been nominated in the past doesn't hurt, nor the fact that John Wright is directing her. I just don't know how Oscar-friendly the movie will be.







Anne Hathaway in One Day

Um, I just hope you don't remember what you've read so far because I'm going to say that she is talented, pretty and young. Please tell me the different order fooled you. I know more adjectives, I promise! But, that's the truth. She, too, is all these things and like Ronan, she already has a nomination to make her family proud. Scherfig's last movie gave Mulligan the chance to turn in an Oscar-nominated performance and even if Hathaway doesn't get nominated for Love and Other Drugs, she seems to at least increase her "like" factor in the industry (The anticipation for The Social Network has made me use Facebook terms).







Tilda Swinton in We Need to Talk About Kevin

The, young enough, extra-terrestially sexy and über-humanly talented Swinton doesn't have many Oscar factors to her favor except for the fact that she might be amazing as she so often is. Well, maybe the story will be dramatic enough for the Academy to regard the film as important but whatever happens, this is a movie and a performance I can't wait to see.

5 comments:

  1. The girl in winters bone was really impressive to me, I thought, great performance. She might get nominated for best female actress at oscars.

    Like you say, the kids are alright, people are talking oscars for the female cast.

    I usually go to these sites for award predictions, they have done the hard work, so I don't have to!

    http://julianstark-moviesandotherthings.blogspot.com/

    http://awardcontenders.com/?p=10271

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great choices - I'm really looking forward to the Tilda Swinton film and performance (as always), and although i'm a little hit-and-miss with costume period dramas - the cast and crew for Jane Eyre sounds like a possible winner to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @moviesandsongs365, this is all sooo last year... I mean this year :p I'm talking about the next one. But yes, Lawrence has a good chance at being nominated for The Winter's Bone. Haven't seen the movie, though.

    @Burning Reels, I really want to see Jane Eyre, Let's Talk About Kevin and Hanna. Not really interested in Hathaway's vehicle to be honest. At least from what I know about it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a young list. I think that Mia seems most likely of all.I haven't really heard much about Hanna but the still in itself is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is young indeed. I don't really believe (or at least not strongly) they will be nominated.

    I think they are contenders who could easily not get in the 5. Actually, I think only Wasikowska has a strong shot (is strong an adjective that can be used here? #englishfailagain)

    ReplyDelete